Tuesday 17 March 2015

scratches and black eyes

scratches and black eyes

lesson summary: how to create scratches and a black eyes

Black eyes and bruises


equipment
makeup brushes
supracolour pallet
foundation
vaseline

Health and safety
make sure the client is not allergic to nay of the products if the clients skin becomes red or itchy in the area where the product has been applied remove immediately and run under cold running water.

Technique :
when creating a black eye or a bruise  it is a good idea to use an image of bruising as a guideline to analyse the colour.
Firstly apply foundation around the  area or the eye and onto the face and blend out using a buffer brush.
Next apply several colours such as reds blacks purples blues and yellows to the area and blend out using a blending brush.
If you are creating a bruise which is red and slightly swollen apply a small amount of Vaseline to the area to make the bruising appear more sore.

I wasn't too happy with my attempt at creating a black eye even though I used an image of a real black eye as a guideline, I feel in order to make the black eye appear more effective I should have layered the supracolour up and blended the colours more.

In order to recreate the bruise I watched a step by step tutorial to refresh my memory, I feel my first attempt wasn't bad the bruise looks old and faint I feel in order to make the bruise appear more effective I should have carried on layering up the supracolour.

 

scratches

equipment
fine line brush
supracolour pallet
blending brush

technique
Firstly I created a fine line with a fine makeup brush and a light red from my  supracolour pallet.
Next I used my blending brush to blend the line out into the skin.
The I applied a darker layer of red over top of the faded line and blended the line out with the blending brush.
finally  I started to create broken lines with my fine line brush and dark red mixed with a small amount of black.
In order to make the scratch appear more realistic I had to really blend the product into the skin and keep layering up the supracolour.

I was generally happy with the outcome of my first attempt at creating a scratch I felt the scratch was blended well into the skin and looked realistic.


 

 

Consultation notes

 


Client 3
Name: Heidi (myself)
Age: 20
Skin type: dry
Skin tone: olive
Eye Colour : Brown
Notes: Olive skin tone / olive kryolan foundation base

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment