Tuesday 17 March 2015

dry flakeykin sweat, fever, rashes and illness

How to create dry flakily skin sweat fever rashes and illness

 stippled skin:

equipment:

Duo/old age stipple
foundation pallet
foundation brush
supracolour pallet
makeup brushes
hairdryer
barrier cream

Health and safety
Make sure the client is not allergic to any of the products I the area becomes red or itchy due to unknown allergies remove immediately using cold running water.

Duo contains latex therefore make sure the client has no allergies to latex.


test the latex on a small area of skin using a cotton swab before applying to larger areas f the area becomes red and itchy remove immediately using cool running water.

technique:
 firstly apply a barrier cream to the area before applying the latex to the skin, especially if the client has sensitive skin this will avoid any redness.
then apply old age stipple to the skin  or duo glue, feathering the product into the face using a sponge making sure there are no hard edges.
next apply the hairdryer at a cool temperature to dry the area stretching the skin .
apply several layers of the old age stipple or duo to the area and dry with the hairdryer at a cool temperature.
then apply foundation to lift the stipple or do to create and old age stipple effect.
make sure the product is blended well into the skin and the hairline as well as the ears and the neck.
if the skin is stretched tight wrinkles will occur.
Finally using the supracolour pallet applied a subtle amount of red to the area in order for the old age stipple to appear sore.

Due to having no old age stipple in my kit and a short period of time to create many different special effects techniques in an hour lesson, I had an attempt at creating old age stipple in my own time using latex instead of the stipple red supracolour and my kryolan foundation pallet. Due to not having the old age stipple to create my look as a result I wasn't too happy with the outcome.

Dry flaky skin

equipment:
foundation
makeup brushes
sponge
supracolour
duo
hairdryer

technique:
paint on foundation  making sure the product is thick, don't apply powder.
next using a black sponge which is a slightly rough material braze it against the foundation to create a flaky skin effect.
apply duo to the area and let it go tacky by drying slightly using a hairdryer on a cool heat.
Finally the duo will start to peel and appear as flaky like skin.

I felt my attempt at dry flaky skin was a good attempt however in order for the makeup to look more effective I feel I could have applied a thicker layer of foundation to the area.

 

Illness

equipment
supracolour pallet
foundation pallet
makeup brushes
water spray bottle
Vaseline
illamasqua loose powder
tear stick
technique

firstly apply a light coloured foundation to the face neck an ears and blend out into the hairline.


next apply a small amount of white and yellow supracolour mixed together to the face ears and neck.

next mix together a blue and yellow to create a brown apply the colour to the back of your hand first and then apply the colour under the eyes .

Apply the tear stick underneath the eyes in order to make them appear watery.

then stipple colour such as reds rom the supracolour pallet into the face .

apply a powder to make the skin appear more dry

Finally apply a small amount of Vaseline to the face in order to make the skin appear more sore.

sweat can be created also by spraying water around the hairline.

create dry lips by apply foundation to the lips and piercing them together.
Due to having a short amount of time to learn all the special effects techniques I had to create majority of my looks in my own time, I felt my first attempt at creating illness was quite good however I feel I could have made the skin paler by applying lighter foundation and exaggerating the brown under the eyes more.

Rashes or freckles

equipment:
icaporfal alchol
stiff brush
supracolour pallet

firstly mix a red from the supracolour pallet and icaporfal alchol together .
then make sure the client closes their eyes before applying to the skin .
then using a stiff brush flick the red supracolour and alchol at the area to create a rash.

I felt my attempt at creating a rash  which I created in my own time was quite good considering I didn't have any icaporfal alcohol in my kit as a replacement I used a small amount of water which I mixed with my supracolour. The makeup looked more effective than it does in the photograph also.

 

Fever


equipment
supracolour pallet
makeup brushes
sponge
water spay

technique

create mottled skin firstly by applying red supracolour to the skin , blend the colour into the face to make the client appear hot and feverish.
do not apply any powder to the face this will dry the skin out the idea is for the skin to appear shiny
apply water spray around the hairline to create sweat.
apply water spray to an area of skin which has red supraclour applied in order to create broken veins .

I was very happy with the outcome of my fever makeup I felt by applying water to the stippled supracolour helped to create broken veins and make the skin appear hot.

Dirty hands

equipment

fullers earth
water
coloured test spray
moisturizer

by applying fullers earth to an area of skin this will create a dusty effect.
by adding water to fullers earth this will create mud.
A coloured test spray can also be used to create dirty hands.

firstly make sure the client bends knuckles to any stripes or patches and apply the product
then part the fingers and apply the product
next rub moisturizer into the palms an on the hands
carry on applying the product to the hands in order to build up layers of dirt.
This is my attempt at creating dirty hands, due to not having any fullers earth I decided to use a brown coloured dry shampoo which I then applied water to in order for it to appear as dirt, making sure there was no patches of skin missed particularly in between my fingers or on the palm of my hand.

I was generally quite happy with the outcome of my dirty hands attempt although I didn't have the original product I felt the dry shampoo was a good alternative.

Dirty hair/ age the hair


equipment
Bryll cream
Vaseline
dry shampoo/talc powder
fuller earth
hairbrush

In order to make the hair dusty apply fuller earth throughout the hair. By applying water to the fuller earth mud can be created, by applying this to the hair this will make the hair appear dirty.

In order to make the hair appear greasy use a product that contains a lot of oil such as bryll cream or even vasline and apply the product to mainly the roots and brush slightly through the hair .

In order to make the hair appear aged a powdered product such as dry shampoo or even talc powder can be used. Spray the dry shampoo into the hair and brush slightly through the hair .

I felt my attempt at aging the hair was generally quite good I brushed the dry shampoo evenly through the roots in order for the hair to appear aged, this I felt worked well.


Consultation notes

client 1:
Name :Kerry
Age : 22
Skin type: dry
Skin tone: fair (alabaster foundation kryolan)
Hair colour: Brown
Hair length : long
Eye colour: greyish blue
Notes: fair skin tone and freckles



Client 3
Name: Heidi (myself)
Age: 20
Skin type: dry
Skin tone: olive
Eye Colour : Brown
Notes: Olive skin tone / olive kryolan foundation base

 












No comments:

Post a Comment