Sunday 15 March 2015

Miss havisham and estella face charts and hair sketches

 

 face charts and hair sketches

Estella

For my informal Estella assessment I created a face chart with a list of products i used to create the look on the left hand side and a hair sketch with the different techniques incorporated into my final design.
equipment:
lip pallet
glamour glow pallet
kryolan eyeshadow pallet
foundation pallet
makeup brushes
 
The face chart I created for the Estella look i want to be quite natural .
A light foundation would be firstly applied to the face due to Victorians having a fair complexion.
A summer tan will then be subtly applied to the convex areas of the face.
Blush mauve from the glamour glow pallet is then applied to the face to act as a highlighter.
Dc001 from the lip pallet which is a neutral pink colour is then applied to the lips.
And finally caraway from the kryolan eye shadow pallet will be applied to the socket area of the eyes and a white will be applied to the eyelids
 
I was generally quite happy with the outcome of my Estella face chart although it appears quite plain, I feel I have achieved the natural look as well as the Victorian style of makeup.

This was my first idea for my Estella design, the sketch shows the hair sectioned into two the top section styled as a plaited bun and the remaining section of hair styled into ringlets, however I wasn't too keen on my first idea.

My second idea for my Estella assessment was the Apollo knot which shows the hair sectioned into a centre parting. The hair sectioned into three the larger section styled into a rolled style bun and he two small sections styled into ringlets .
 

Miss Havisham


For my Miss Havisham assessment i wanted to create a design which would be simple to recreate, therefore my sketch conveys the 1830s Victorian techniques with the Victorian bun centre parting and the ringlets situated around the face. I created this sketch to use as a guideline in my assessment,

equipment
gelatine
supracolour pallet
camouflage pallet
kryolan eyeshadow pallet
makeup brushes
foundation pallet
 
For my Miss Havisham assessment I created a face chart with the list of products needed along the left hand side of the face chart.
The face chart also shows a burn situated along the forehead however I decided not to incorporate this into my final design but made a note of this on my face chart for the examiner to see.
 
Firstly a foundation from my kryolan pallet which matches the clients skin will be applied to the face.
Next using the camouflage pallet and a brown and grey from my kryolan eye shadow pallet I highlighted any visible lines on the face.
 
Next i applied a cream colour from the camouflage pallet to the lips to make them appear more aged.
 
I then applied a brown from the kryolan pallet to the eyes.
 
I the applied a subtle pink from the kryolan eye shadow pallet to the cheeks.
 
I then applied white and yellow supracolour to the lashes and brows.
 
I then applied to left side of the face gelatine which i pointed the brush downwards in order to create a drip effect, i created an easy pattern for the drips which could be recreated in my continuity assessment.
 
Once the gelatine was dry and layer up onto the face i applied a loose illamaqua powder and another layer of the foundation.
 
Finally i mirrored the visible lines and the style of makeup on the right side of the face overtop of the gelatine.
 
In order to create the burn on my face chart i applied gelatine to the area which i left to go tacky then applied reds blacks and yellow from my supracolour pallet

equipment
glamour glow pallet
supracolour pallet
camouflage pallet
eggshells
red eyeliner pencil
makeup brushes
eye shadow pallet
.
Here is another idea which i created for my Miss Havisham look.
Firstly i applied a summer tan from my glamour glow pallet to the convex areas of the face, i also made the cheekbones appear slightly sunken in.
In then applied a neutral beige from my camouflage pallet to the lips.
I then applied a grey to the eyelids and a red eye pencil around the eyes.
Using a white and yellow from my supracolour pallet i highlighted the brows and eyelashes.
Finally in order to make Miss Havisham convey that cracks are appearing by displaying cracks on her face i used broken up eggshells which i used duo to stick the egg shell to the face.
I finally applied foundation over the eggshell and used my lip brush and black suprcolour to draw around the eggshells and create extended lines.
 
When trying this look on the face i felt it worked well however didn't work well on the face chart due to the significant difference in colour.

equipment
kryolan eye shadow pallet black ad grey
makeup brushes
 
Next i attempted to created a face chart which appeared slightly aged. I used the black and grey from my kryolan eye shadow pallet to add colour to the eyes and lips and to highlight the face and add shadow to the convex area of the face.
 
I liked the outcome of my Miss Havisham face chart however I felt it appeared a little too theatrical rather than Victorian .

equipment
camouflage pallet
kryolan eye shadow pallet
supracolour pallet
makeup brushes
Using the dark brown and caraway from my kryolan eye shadow pallet i had another attempt at an aged makeup o a face chart, i used the brows to add shadow and to the convey areas of the face and to bring out the wrinkles on the face, i also applied the dark brown to the eyelids.
Next i applied a neutral colour from my camouflage pallet to the lips.
Finally i used the white and yellow from my supracolour pallet to the create the eyelashes and eyebrows.
 
I was generally quite happy with the outcome of my aged Miss Havisham face chart, I liked the shading I incorporated into the look however I wanted to include some sort of special effect into my final design In order to avoid my look from appearing simple.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment