Sunday 22 March 2015

recreating a design style of makeup

recreating a designers style of makeup

In order to recreate Jean Paul Gaultier's style of makeup for a spring summer catwalk, I had to focus on making the eyes a Smokey colour with inky eyelids and extending the colour under the eyes. I was also giving a guideline of the inspiration to recreate the style of makeup which was the 1980s.

Equipment
kryolan foundation pallet
kryolan eye shadow pallet
kryolan glamour glow pallet
illamaqua neutral pallet
bowl of water
illamaqua loose powder
makeup brushes
sponge

Firstly I applied a foundation which match my partners skin tone to the face neck and ears using my foundation brush. I then blended the foundation into the skin and the hairline using my buffer brush.

Once the application looked even I then set the base with a loose illamaqua powder which I applied to the back of my hand and then rolled onto the face using a makeup sponge.

Next I focused on creating the Smokey eye look applying a dramatic brown from my kryolan eye shadow pallet from the eyelid right up to the brow.

I then highlighted the socket area of the eyes by using my blending brush and applying the dark brown from my illamaqua neutral pallet.

In order to bring out the eyes and also separate the colour browns I applied the white from my illamaqua neutral pallet underneath the brows and blended the colour also into the eyelid.

Using the black from my kryolan eye shadow pallet and some water I created an eyeliner which I first applied to the back of my hand and then applied to the outline of the eyelid to create the inky eye effect using a fine liner brush.

I then applied a brown from my kryolan pallet to underneath the eyes to extend the colour  little.

Using a photograph of Jen Paul Gaultiers makeup as a guideline, It was noticeable that extreme contouring of the convex areas of the face was used to complete his design, therefore I used a summer tan colour from my glamour glow pallet to bring out the convex areas of the face such as th cheekbones jawline and the temples. I then used a white from my glamour glow pallet to act as a highlighter which I applied to the lighter areas of the face.
Here I a photograph of the guideline which I used to recreate the Jean Paul Gaultier style of makeup

Here Is a photograph of my attempt at recreating Jean Paul Gaultiers style of makeup for a spring/summer fashion style of makeup.

I felt I interpreted Jean Paul Gaultiers style of makeup well with the contouring and the Smokey eyes. I feel I could have highlighted the brows more and applied a gloss to the lips to complete the look however.
 

Consultation notes

Name: Charlie
Aged: 18-19
Eye colour: blue
Skin tone : fair
Skin type: dry
Notes: fair skin and freckles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment