Monday 16 March 2015

creating an Estella image

Estella hair and makeup

When creating my own interpretation of Estella for an informal assessment, I wanted to the makeup to be quite natural in order for it to be periodically correct. During the assessment I used a face chart which I created with a list of products down the side and a hair sketch with the different techniques incorporated into my design to use as a guideline.

Makeup

equipment:
Kryolan foundation pallet
kryolan lip pallet
kryolan eye shadow pallet
mascara
mascara wand
makeup brushes
glamour glow pallet

Firstly I applied a light alabaster foundation to the face ears and neck  mixed with an illamasqua primer and then blended out the product with my buffer brush.
next I applied a summer tan colour  from my glamour glow pallet by kryolan subtly to the convex areas of the face.
The I applied highlighter to the lighter areas oft he face from my glamour glow pallet, the product used was called blush mauve.

next I applied a light pink natural colour fro my lip pallet from kryolan in order to add colour to the lips.
Then using the caraway colour  which is a grey shade ,from my kryolan eye shadow pallet I highlighted the socket areas of the eyes.
Then with the white from my kryolan eye shadow pallet I applied colour to the eye lids.
Finally to bring out the eyes slightly I applied a small amount of mascara.

I was generally quite happy with the outcome of my Estella makeup although it appears quite plain and simple I feel it captures the Victorian look and is natural which I wanted to achieve.


Hair

equipment
feather
flowers
hair pins
hair tie
pin tail comb
curlers
hair brush

Firstly I created a centre parting with my pin tail comb.
Then I sectioned the hair into two small sections at the front of the hair and one large section with the remaining hair.
With the larger section of hair I then secured the hair into a high ponytail.
I then sectioned the ponytail with my pin tail comb  into four prominent sections .
The first sections I created a plait which will be situated around the bun
Then with the remaining three sections I applied hairspray to each section then rolled the hair and secured in place with several hair pin to create a Victorian style bun.
Next I situated the plaited section of hair around the bun.
I then curled the front two sections of hair with the curlers and situated the curls around the bun.
Due to my partner having a fringe which was slightly grown out I used the shorter sections of hair to create the same amount of sculpted ringlets on either side which I applied hairspray to  avoid them from dropping.
Finally I added decoration to the hairstyle situating the feathers and the flowers around the bun.

Overall I  was quite happy with the outcome of my Estella design after getting advise from Helen on how to style the hair with out making the design look messy. I felt I sectioned the hair well and had time management throughout the assessment.

Consultation notes

client 1:
Name :Kerry
Age : 22
Skin type: dry
Skin tone: fair (alabaster foundation kryolan)
Eye colour: greyish blue
Hair colour: Brown
Hair length: Long
Notes: fair skin tone and freckles

No comments:

Post a Comment