Monday 30 March 2015

dark lips and eyes

Dark lips and eyes

Before creating a smoky eye and red lips inspired makeup look I firstly searched for some makeup looks which I could use as an inspiration for my own interpretation.

I chose this image due to liking how the face was contoured, its subtle and doesn't take the focus away from the eyes and the lips. The eye application is smoky and really brings out the blue eyes, the colour has great depth but isn't too dark. The lip application is very bright and brings the audience attention straight to the lips.

Before crating  a dark eyes and lips inspired makeup look I firstly created a face chart inspired by the image. Firstly I used my illamasqua sculpting powder to contour the face then used the illamasqua blush powder to apply colour to the cheeks. next I used the deep red from my Kryolan lip pallet to add colour to the lips I then used my black eyes shadow from my kryolan pallet to add an outline around the lips. Next I used a black from my illamasqua neutral pallet to highlight around the eyes and a cream from my reflection pallet to highlight underneath the brows. Finally I used my fine liner brush an my black supracolour to add detail around the eyes.
Anoymous. (12/05/13). eye makeup,lips,lipstick,makeup,manicure and nails. Available: http://favim.com/image/722803/. Last accessed 30/03/14.

I chose this image as an inspiration for my own interpretation of dark eye makeup, I really how the eye application has been applied, the metallic brown colour brings out the eye colour an also draws attention to the brows. The contouring on the face Is also soft and compliments the eye makeup. 



I created a face chart inspired by the dark eyes style of makeup. Firstly I used my illamasqua sculpting powder to highlight the convex areas of the face. Next I applied a black from my illamasqua neutral pallet around the eyes using me blending brush. Then using the brown from my illamasqua neutral pallet I blended the colour into the eyelids using my rounded blending brush, I then used the white from the illmasqua neutral pallet to highlight under the brows. Finally to bring out the eyes I used my black supracolour and fine liner brush to create some lashes and act as a eyeliner. Finally to complete my makeup look I used a nude from my camouflage pallet to add application to the lips.

I really liked the outcome of my face chart I felt the eye makeup application really brought out the eyes and I also contoured the face chart well.

creating dark eyes and lips.

lesson summary creating dark eyes and dark lips inspired by gothic horror.

Health and safety.
makeup sure the client is not allergic to any cleansers toners or moisturizers or any of the products used. If the skin becomes red or itchy remove immediately using cold running water. If the client has sensitive skin used cleansers and products which are suitable for their skin type.

equipment
-primer
-foundation
-translucent powder
-illamaqua sculpting powder
-illamaqua blusher pallet
-illamaqua neutral pallet
-mascara
-gel eyeliner
-dark lipstick

Firstly I applied a primer to the skin to give the makeup a better finish.
Then I applied a foundation to my neck face and ears using my foundation brush.
once the foundation looked even I then used a translucent powder by MUA to set the makeup base.
Next I used my sculpting powder by illamasqua to contour the face.
Then I applied a light pink from my illamsaqua blush pallet to my cheekbones to add more depth.
Then I applied a brown from y neutral illamasqua pallet to my eyelids.
Using my black from my neutral pallet by illmasqua and my rounded blending brush I applied colour to the socket areas of my eyes to create the Smokey eyes effect.
I then used the cream from my reflection pallet and white from my illmasqua neutral pallet to highlight underneath my brows.
In order to make my eyebrows appear more sharp I brush a small amount of brown from my neutral pallet through the brows.
Using my Maybelline gel eyeliner I outlined my eyelids by creating an eyeliner flick.
Finally I applied a mascara to my eyes.
In order to complete my look  applied a deep red colour to my lips.


I was quite happy with the outcome of my dark eyes dark lips inspired makeup I feel it shows an element of gothic horror. I also feel I interpreted the dark smoky eye makeup well , Even though I contoured the skin I felt it looked subtle and did not take the focus away from the dark eyes and dark lip application
 I also attempted to create a dark eyes and lips makeup style on an older skin type. Firstly I applied an olive foundation to the face. Then I blended the product into the hairline using my buffer brush. Once the product looked even I then applied a loose illamasqua powder to the skin. Using my summer tan I then contoured the convex areas of the face, I then used the blush mauve from my glamour glow Kryolan pallet to act as a highlighter highlighting the lighter areas of the face. The using the brown from my neutral illamasqua pallet I applied colour to the brows and the eye lids. I also used the black from the neutral colour pallet to highlight the eye sockets and the white from the pallet to highlight underneath the brows and the lighter areas of the eyelids Finally to complete my look I applied a bright red lip colour to the lips.

I was very happy with the outcome of my dark eyes and lips makeup, although it looked better off camera, I found it difficult to find a lighting which would compliment my style of makeup most. I also found it difficult to apply makeup around the eye area due to the skin being a little aged. I felt the light contouring underneath the eyes was an advantage and helped the eye makeup to appear darker.
 

Consultation notes


Client 2:
Name: Jenny
Age: 53
Skin Type: dry , older skin type
Skin Tone: Olive
eye colour: brown
notes: olive skin tone, slightly dry and older skin.

Client 3
Name: Heidi (myself)
Age: 20
Skin type: dry
Skin tone: olive
Eye Colour : Brown
Notes: Olive skin tone / olive kryolan foundation base

 

No comments:

Post a Comment